Sunday, July 12, 2009

Athletic Integrity

The Sportsworld as we know it is at a pivotal crossroads with possible ramifications that could change everything. The integrity of the entire sports world is coming into question admist alleged reports from nearly every mainstream sport of athletes using performance inhancers or being closely associated with someone who was. And in case you haven't noticed the recent "war on steroids" hasn't really done much to deter more and more athletes from giving them a try. Just this year we've seen both Alex Rodriguez and Manny Ramirez two of the greatest baseball players to ever play both be associated with steriods. Quite frankly, to some athletes, the reward of stardom, celebrity, money, etc., is percieved as a good trade off for both the risk of getting caught, as well as possibly severly damaging their body. And according to most insiders, the ones who have been caught are only the tip of the iceburg compared to the number who are actually using them.

Looking at this as plain and simply as I can, in my opinion I don't think there is much more that we can do with this current situation as it is for probably the next 3-5 years, it's too far gone and the testing needs time to catch up to the cheater's. We as fans are aware, it's not like we don't know what's going on, we know and truthfully right now we don't care. Maybe in a few years when all the records that we watched being set growing up are being easily surpassed, we'll see that it was kinda cool for a while, but it will get old. So for now, in dealing with grown up professional athletes, if that's their choice, I say let 'em do it. Expose them, follow their story, watch the unfortunate ending that inevitably comes from cheating, and start educating the world, especially the youth.

In reallity the biggest concern from professional athletes doing this is that others especially the young athletes see them do it, and the immediate reward that comes with it, and likewise they end up doing the same thing. To help this trend, in my opinion, we should start educating people about not only the dangers of using performance enhancers and overall health, but also educate them about all natural healty alternatives that can assist today's athlete and promote good health at the same time.

During my time as both, a player in high-level training, and now as a certified Personal Trainer and Coach, while I can say that I have never cheated or tried steriods or nothing like that, I have tried many different ways to try and gain an advantage through workouts, diet, vitamins and supplements, and such. I have tried some that I felt to be very effective, and others that I felt like were a waste of money, and I have been able to see from two perspectives. After spending countless hours in the gym from my playing days I was able to tell first hand what worked and didn't work on me. And now being a Personal Trainer, I am able to monitor and record results, and I can form a more educated opinion about which products and methods actually work. Let's spread the word about All-Natural steroid alternatives, we can all be Naturally Fit.

Da'anyel McKelvey

https://paydotcom.com/r/77111/shmoov2b/24956357/
http://paydotcom.net/?affiliate=580628
http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?shmoov2b

No comments:

Post a Comment